Minutes Playing Field Committee 18th April 2016

Minutes of Great Staughton Playing Field Committee Meeting held on 18th April 2016

Present:

Nicole Yates (Chair)                               Bob Jewell (Treasurer)               Geoff Gilbert

Margaret Sare                                        Mike Keeble (Horticultural Society)

Jo Reid (Clerk)

  1. Apologies: received from Lauren Fisk, Janet Bowen, Frank Backhouse, Mervyn Young
  1. Approval of Minutes of the meeting held on 8th February 2106th

The minutes of the meeting were approved and duly signed as a true record.

  1. Matters arising from 8th February minutes:

0301     New door blinds fitted at windows. Those ordered for doors were not appropriate, duly returned and £100 refund

0302     Fireman’s’ pole has been repaired

0303     Playing Field keys obtained

0401     Waste bin to be moved. ACTION RJ/NY

0402     Insurance for Skate Ramp: Ownership transferred to Great Staughton from 1/4/16, equipment and liability insurance covered by Hunts DC until 30/4. Additional quotations to be sourced. ACTION: JR:

0403     Use of school broadband in the Pavillion to be raised at next Parish Council meeting. ACTION :JR

  1. Treasurers report:

R Jewell circulated a report prior to the meeting. Accounts are ready for audit. Due to income being over £25k, there may need to be an external review to comply with Charities’ Commission. There is potential for a cost if this needs to be done by a professional accountant. £459 up on the year, mainly a creditor write-back. £1600 in the bank.

Concerns still remain about 2016/17 due to significant loss of income, although the Guides have made an approach.  Expenditure likely to be similar.

  1. Reports from Clubs & Users

Horticultural Society: – M Keeble mentioned the Pavilion booking for Annual Plant Sale on 28 May 016. It was confirmed that there would be 2 wooden and 1 long tables available.

Tennis Club: – N Yates confirmed that the first Sunday playing session was quite encouraging. There were god levels of interest but it was decided not to charge a fee at the moment. The Committee is arranging an Open Day to include a coach. Every Sunday there will be a committee member in attendance.

School: – No Attendance. Angela Young has resigned her role and a replacement is still to be appointed (reported by NY)

Cricket Club: – R Jewell reported that the first match of the season had to be cancelled as the pitch could not be prepared due to rain. Most matches will be at Kimbolton.

Piglets: – R Jewell reported that he now has a key to review meters. Piglets are now paying for electricity. Their lease is up at the end of the financial year, notice was made that the contract will need renegotiating.

  1. Funding application for play equipment

J Bowen was absent but reported by email that she has applied to Mick George for funding to replace the Logworld as this seems to be the most urgent item requiring replacement. A decision will be made by the end of June. She is also applying to Hunts Community Chest Fund for match-funding.

It was suggested that we could also benefit from match-funding from the Parish Council, with the focus on kids equipment first ACTION: JB

Ideas are being reviewed for fund raising, an approach to be made to Youth Club re: Gala Day ACTION: NY

  1. Operational matters

R Jewell rported that the grass cutting budget covers c12 cuts a year and that he requests when the cuts are scheduled.

  1. Correspondence

Information received from RoSPA.   The inspection is due April

Dates for 2016

1 August                                                10th October

N Yates thanked everyone for their attendance and the meeting closed at 8.40pm