July and September 2020 Minutes

GSPC 17 September 2020 minutes ZOOM[19795]

 

GSPC 2 july 2020 minutes ZOOM[18863] 

 

 

Minutes of the Great Staughton Parish Council

Virtual Meeting held on 17 September 2020 – 7.30pm

 

 

Present:

R Jewell (BJ)                               H Glanville (HG).                        G Brittain (GB)

D Moore (DM)                             N Yates (NY)                               L Goody (LG)

A Gilbert (AG)                              J Duberly (JD)

J Russel (JR) (clerk).                  I Gardener (IG)

 

 

  1. Apologies for absence Darren Tysoe, W Mumford

 

  1. Residents’ Forum – Mr Bashford and Mr Hardy the tree wardens have written to the PC about the trees in the River Kym. Mr Hardy would like the trees left in rather than them being removed by the Environment Agency. It was agreed that the PC will not chase the EA to remove these trees. In addition, they have requested that the apple tree near to the surgery needed trimming. The PC will ask Phil Yates to do this as Mr Hoenig is not able to cut these at present. There are also trees in Moory Croft which Phil Yates will also be asked to trim.

 

  1. Declarations of Interest – LG re planning application The Manor, Great Staughton

 

  1. Minutes 2 July 2020 –  reviewed and approved

 

  1. Reports from County and District Councillor – Ian Gardener – see attached report.

 

The PC also discussed with IG the recent application for a Licence to Cultivate under the Highways Act 1980, Section 142. An application had been received from 24 The Highway to plant wildflowers and shrubs. The PC all agreed that this would obstruct the vision of drivers and this was of great concern. It was therefore agreed that the clerk would write to CCC expressing concerns and objecting to the application on safety reasons. It was also agreed that it would not improve the look of the village. IG said he agreed with all of the PC concerns.

 

  1. Matters arising

Timebank – on hold for the time being.

Green Close potholes  – CCC have confirmed that as remedial work has already been carried out in that area, they cannot do further work at present.

Ridge and Furrow fields – we have now received a response from CCC and they have confirmed that they are aware of the importance and if a planning application was received this issue would be taken into account. We have therefore been successful in alerting CCC to the issue.

Streetlight Parish Energy Handover IG has asked his colleague to contact the clerk to discuss this issue but to date she has not been contacted

Fallen trees in River Kym – EA said they would visit the area in October.

Renewal of Huntingdonshire Dog Control PSPO – there were no comments made on this issue.

Blocked Footpath Crown Farm – BJ met with Sam Paske and he has now put signs up.

Stables erected in field behind Land West of 69 The Highway – matter has been reported to planning enforcement but no response has been received yet

Playing Field Memorial  – BJ reported that a stainless-steel plaque would cost in the region of £240. Bronze is more expensive but it was felt that this may look better. BJ will obtain further information and report back to the PC.

 

  1. Attendance at other meetings – nothing to report

 

  1. Planning –

20/00924/FUL   – Land at Cherry Orchard Farm, Moor Road – 3 Shepherd Huts – no comments/objections

20/01459/LBC – The Manor, The Town – Orangery and garage conversion – no comments/objections

20/01458/HHFUL– The Manor, The Town – Orangery and garage conversions – no comments/objections

20/01365/HHFUL – 2 Smiths Yard – single storey extensions – no comments/objections

20/01087/PIP – Land South of 29 The Green – 9 dwellings – no comments/objections

 

 

  1. Highways – LHi Bid – DM confirmed with the PC that they were happy with the proposals that were previously emailed round and he will relay this to Highways.

 

  1. Correspondence –

 

Letter had been received from Balfour Beatty – the contract for the maintenance of the street lighting is up for renewal. PC agreed to renew this.

A letter had been received from the Solar Farm project confirming the payment soon to be received of £22,000.

A Dillington resident had reported that streetlight 17 is not working again. Clerk has referred this to Balfour Beatty. We will need to keep an eye on how many times there is a fault with the lights and look to replace others at the same time should the need arise.

A resident reported the footpath outside number 42 Beachampstead  – this was reported to CCC but unfortunately the footpath is not currently in a bad enough state of repair for them to carry out any work there.

 

  1. Cashbook – reviewed and approved. BJ reported that the CLT has agreed to pay £9350 to the PC. There will be other costs which the CLT can repay once they receive the monies from the lease, which will be in the region of £15,000. The PC agreed to meet any costs in the meantime. BJ and the clerk will prepare a full financial report in due course

 

Income:       £0

Expenditure

Clerk Salary £306.58

Philip Yates £92.75

Red Shoes £45.00

Bradgate £235.20

Anthony Collins £900.00

D Hoenig  £205.50

SLCC – £92.00

Phil Yates – £108.75

Bradgate £235.20

Nicola Hageman – £210.00

Clerk salary  £306.58

Phil Yates £83.25

Bradgate – £117.60

 

 

Balance in Community Account        £10,772.65

Balance in Tracker Account.                  £14,646.93

 

  1. Affordable Housing – contracts were exchanged today. Planning application will take approximately 2-3 months. CLT will be involved in the decision-making process for selecting a contractor. Construction is hopefully able to begin in March 2021 and take 10-12 months. HG expressed thanks to BJ on behalf of the CLT and the PC for all of his hard work. A press release will be prepared shortly.

 

  1. Three Village Sustainable Heart Scheme – the invitation to tender was submitted in July. The grant application was submitted in August. A decision will be made in October. The application is for £40,000.

 

  1. Report from:

Village Hall Committee – HG reported that the village hall opened on 4 September. It has been deep cleaned and signs regarding social distancing have been put up.

Playing Field Committee – NY reported that Buckden Football club are using the playing field. NY is also looking into other grant schemes regarding the play equipment. Piglets have returned and the girl guides are also planning to return shortly. GB is obtaining quotes for maintenance work. DM reported that the school are proposing opening their own preschool. It was agreed that the PC would write to the school to ask them about their plans.

Neighbourhood Watch – no report

Speed Watch – no report.

 

 

  1. Parish Matters –

LG wanted to point out that the Great Staughton Support Group is still active and asked for everyone to be aware of their elderly neighbours who still may need help at this current time. GB reported that the drain next to the Red House was blocked. Clerk will report to Highways. He also mentioned that the football club had left their nets up and children had been climbing up them and that may be a safety issue. BJ reported that the sign at The Green had been stolen but that this had already been reported to HDC. Footpath outside 2 and 4 Cage Lane had been reported to CCC but this is not yet bad enough to be repaired. BJ also wanted to record PC support for the Fibre for Homes project.

 

 

Meeting closed at 21.05

 

Dates of meetings for 2020 – 19 November

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes of the Great Staughton Parish Council

Meeting held on 23 January 2020 – 7.30pm in the Village Pavilion

 

 

Present:

R Jewell (BJ)                               H Glanville (HG).                        G Brittain (GB)

D Moore (DM)                             L Goody (LG)                             Nicole Yates (NY)

A Gilbert (AG)                              J Bowen (JB)                               W Mumford (WM)

J Russel (JR) (clerk).                    Darren Tysoe (DT)

 

 

  1. Apologies for absenceIan Gardener (IG)

 

  1. Residents’ Forum – no one attended.

 

  1. Minutes of the meeting held on 21 November 2019– The minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

 

  1. Matters arising:

 

Ditches – WM has been doing a lot of work here. The ditches have been dug out and WM will prepare the culvert. There are some issues with the adjacent ditch running down to the River Kym. WM will point out the problem areas to the Clerk so that she can contact the landowner to ask if he can clear the ditch to the River Kym. These will be marked on a map and sent to the Clerk. The other area is on the hill from Perry. There seems to be water bubbling up which could be natural or a leak in a pipe. Clerk will contact AW.

 

Timebank –we are awaiting a response from Little Staughton PC to see whether they are interested. BJ said that St Neots would be happy to work with us and he will speak to them to obtain more detail.

 

Green Close potholes Openreach cover has finally been repaired. Other potholes are still there, and the Clerk will raise again with Joe Hudson at CCC.

 

Ridge and Furrow fields – c/f as IG not at this meeting. He has been copied in on the Clerk’s email to CCC Archaeology.

 

Dog on Leads signs – signs have not been put up yet but HDC have confirmed that they will place on the lampposts. DT will chase this up for the PC.

 

Car parking charges St Neots – AG indicated that she had received an email from HDC asking for her views as a business owner. The parking charges are killing business in the town. People are now having to pay for two hours car parking just to nip to the Post Office for example. The Riverside car park should be a lower fee as you walk into town from there. DT will raise again with HDC.

 

Pavement outside 71 Beachampstead – this has been reported to CCC who indicated they would visit. Clerk will chase up again.

 

Streetlight Parish Energy Handover IG has asked his colleague to contact the clerk to discuss this issue but to date she has not been contacted.

 

Village hall repair work quotes – a further updated quote has been received and the PC authorised the village hall committee to go ahead with GB Builders who quoted £2050 plus VAT.

 

Lavender bushes Manor Close  – completed

 

Blocked Drain Cage Lane – completed

 

Tackling Scams – DM will prepare something to advertise this scheme in Life magazine. Can also put something on the village website (BJ) and Facebook (NY). Clerk is to ask Sarah Freeman is there are any statistics for this type of scam in Great Staughton and then we can talk about this issue at the Parish Assembly.

 

Archives – this is for historical documents only and DT advised that the cost to archive is quite high. It was agreed that the PC probably do not have a need to archive anything at this time

 

Village Handyman job – no one has responded to the advert yet.

 

 

  1. Report from District/County Councillors – DT reported that there is likely to be a 2.6% increase in Council Tax that works out at less than £5.00 for a Band D property. There has been an increase of 3% in wages in Huntingdon. The Mayor’s office is showing plans for the University of Peterborough on 4, 5, 6 February. This will be providing vocational courses. Local leisure centres have been refurbished but all are not complete yet. DT also queried whether the CLT could ask HDC for help with paying the legal fees etc.

 

  1. Attendance at other meetings – HG has met with Sheryl French to discuss the application for the grant to have a feasibility study for alternate heat source.

 

  1. Planning –

1 Moory Croft – 19/02493/HHFUL – no objections

Little Staughton Airfield – 19/02613/FUL – concerns about increased traffic so objections to be sent to HDC

Land East of Bru Bur Moor Road – 20/00046/FUL – no objections

Land North East of 114 Little Staughton Airfield – 19/02613/FUL – concerns about increased traffic – objections to be sent to HDC

 

 

  1. Highways – there has been no decision yet in the LHi Bid application. JB reported there is moss on the pavements in Green Close and Beachampstead. It was agreed that the new handyman could deal with this issue once appointed. WM reported a parking issue – people are parking across his drive, so he is blocked in. JB also raised the poor state of village hall car park. This is an issue for the village hall committee though. It was mentioned that perhaps WM could put some crushed Tarmac down. Clerk will also report pothole in Cage Lane and Agden Drive to Joe Hudson.

 

  1. Correspondence – nothing to report

 

  1. Cashbook, Cheques in and out – all checked

 

Income:       £0

 

Expenditure:   – £2480.90

D Hoenig – £317.50

Bradgate – £117.60

Clerk Salary £306.58

Cambs Acre – £57.00

Bradgate – £235.20

J Harrison – £960.24

Clerk salary – £306.58

Red Shoes – £43.20

D Hoenig – £137.00

 

 

Balance in Community Account         £1859.55

Balance in Tracker Account.                  £18,534.51

 

Cashbook was reviewed and approved.

 

  1. Affordable Housing – BJ reported that all the important commercial detail has been agreed and the Heads of Agreement can be signed now. BJ will put the Allocation Policy on the village website and remind people that they must be on the housing register in order to be considered for a property. It is hoped building can commence in the Autumn this year. Hopefully the grant monies will be paid soon.

 

  1. Report from:

Village Hall Committee – nothing to report. They have a meeting next week.

Playing Field Committee – It was agreed at the last meeting that the skate ramp would be sold for scrap. The grass cutting contract has also been put out to tender. The closing date is 7 February.

Neighbourhood Watch – no report

Speed Watch – no report.

 

 

  1. Parish Matters – NY reported that the next litter pick is on 22 February 2020. She also asked whether there would be any support for having an event to mark VE day.

JB announced that she would be stepping down as a Parish Councillor. BJ wished to record thanks on behalf of the council for all Janet’s hard work over many years and everyone will be very sorry to see her step down.

The Parish Council agreed that JB should continue as a member of the Parish Charities Committee until the Parish Council AGM or until another committee member is appointed.  If anyone in the community wishes to be considered for her replacement could they please contact the Clerk for further details.

BJ reported that light PC15 is not working  – the clerk will report to the contractor.

 

Meeting closed at 21.30

 

Dates of meetings for 2020 – 26 March, Parish Assembly 30 April, AGM 21 May, 2 July, 17 September, 19 November

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes of the Great Staughton Parish Council

Meeting held on 21 November 2019 – 7.30pm in the Village Pavilion

 

 

Present:

R Jewell (BJ)                               H Glanville (HG).                        G Brittain (GB)

D Moore (DM)                             L Goody (LG)                             Nicole Yates (NY)

A Gilbert (AG)                              J Bowen (JB)                               W Mumford (WM)

Ian Gardener (IG)                      J Russel (JR) (clerk).

 

 

  1. Apologies for absenceDarren Tysoe (DT)

 

  1. Residents’ Forum – no one attended.

 

  1. Minutes of the meeting held on 19 September 2019– The minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

 

  1. Matters arising:

 

Ditches – c/f  – the culvert has not been completed yet. WM stated that there is some confusion surrounding the positioning of the ditch, but a previous owner is going to send some photos to WM to assist him.

 

Timebank – Perry PC do not wish to join the scheme unfortunately. The clerk is to contact Little Staughton PC to see whether they are interested. Another possibility is for GSPC and HWPC to join the St Neots Timebank. BJ will talk to St Neots.

 

Green Close potholes – these were repaired but have washed away with the heavy rainfall. IG will raise again with Joe Hudson at CCC. JB also reported that the Openreach cover is still not repaired. She has now lodged a formal complaint with Openreach as initially they informed her that this was dangerous and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

 

Ridge and Furrow fields – DT advised the clerk to contact the archeology unit at CCC. No response has been received yet, but IG will chase up if the clerk copies him in on her email correspondence.

 

 

Red House Hedge – this has now been cut.

 

Dog on Leads signs – signs have not been put up yet but HDC have confirmed that they will place on the lampposts. JB will continue to chase this up.

 

Car parking charges St Neots – DT has circulated an email in reply to the PC’s queries but this was not a complete response so the clerk will chase. AG indicated that she had received an email from HDC asking for her views as a business owner. The new machines are very complicated to use.

 

Pavement outside 71 Beachampstead – this has been reported to CCC who indicated they would visit. Clerk will chase up.

 

Footpath outside 19 Beachampstead – AW have completed their work here.

 

Streetlight Parish Energy Handover – concern over whether the PC has been properly consulted about this issue. If the PC has to pay for this lighting cost, then the Precept will need to be increased. Historically the PC has never paid for the CCC lights. IG has asked his colleague to contact the clerk to discuss this issue.

 

Village hall repair work quotes – Phil Yates has emailed the clerk with the repair quotes. Unfortunately, it is not possible to decide which quote is better as further information is required in order to decide who to go ahead with. HG will discuss with PY and report back to the PC.

 

  1. Report from District/County Councillors –

IG – the A14 at Ellington will be opening on 9 December and the old A14 at Spittals and Godmanchester will be closed. They will start dismantling the viaduct in the New Year. Brampton Road will see heavy disruption.

 

  1. Attendance at other meetings – BJ attended the CCC conference in November. This was very informative. CCC are trying to ensure that they are thinking about their local communities. CCC have also asked for the PC’s help in relation to scams and to make people aware of the issue. HG also attended a Finance for Village Halls conference.

 

  1. Planning –

Applications: 19/01990/LBC – 23-25 The Highway – no comments

19/02141/HHFUL – 85 The Highway – no comments

19/01779LBC – The Manor, The Town – no comments

18/02145/S73 – Land at Top Farm and LS Airfield – no comments

 

 

  1. Highways – the PC will find out if their LHI bid has been successful in January 2020.

WM reported that the Anglian Water roadworks had been causing disruption to road users and that the traffic lights still remained in place even after the work had been completed. He asked the clerk to complain to Anglian Water as further works are due in the future.

 

  1. Correspondence –

Letter received from M. McKnight regarding the fence at Beachampstead. BJ visited this and checked the repair and so this issue has now been dealt with.

We have also received correspondence about streetlights PC4 and PC5. The clerk has reported these faults to Balfour Beatty.

A letter was received from CAB asking for funding. Unfortunately, the PC is unable to assist at this time

    

 

  1. Budget and Precept – the clerk had previously circulated the Budget to the Parish Councillors and no comments were received. It was agreed that there was no recurring expenditure that could be reduced or cut altogether.

It was agreed that the PC would provide funds to assist the Village Hall with the repairs necessary and the other large expenditure would be the LHI Bid contribution – should the PC be successful. It was also agreed that the PC would assist with the GSCLT costs. The CLT has been successful in obtaining a grant but funds have not been received yet. It was therefore agreed that the Precept for the next financial year would be £22,000.

 

  1. Cashbook, Cheques in and out –

 

Income:       £1500.00 – Piglets Rent

 

Expenditure:   – £5671.76

Bradgate – £235.20

Redshoes – £43.20

Clerk Salary £306.58

PKF Accountants – £240.00

Clerk expenses (CLT ICO fee) – £40.00

SLCC   – £89.00

St Neots Museum – £50.00

Life magazine – £600.00

GSPCC – £400.00

GSPF – £2000.00

CAS Ltd £896.00

CLT Network – £60.00

J Duberly – £10.00

Eyelid Productions – £160.00

Bradgate – £235.20

Clerk salary – £306.58

 

 

Balance in Community Account         £4340.45

Balance in Tracker Account.                  £18525.27

 

Cashbook was reviewed and approved.

 

  1. Affordable Housing – BJ reported that all significant issues have now been resolved and Heads of Terms have been agreed in principle. This will hopefully be signed before Christmas and the leases shortly after. The build will hopefully start at the back end of 2020.

 

  1. Report from:

Village Hall Committee – HG reported that they are hoping to replace work tops and have some repairs to the floors carried out.

Playing Field Committee – NY reported that there is an extra meeting of the committee on 12 December to make a final decision about the skate ramp and to discuss the grass cutting tender. The new treasurer is GB.

Neighbourhood Watch – no report

Speed Watch – no report.

 

 

  1. Parish Matters –

NY reported that the lavender bushes outside 5 Manor Close are obstructing the pavement as they are very overgrown. The clerk was asked to contact the owner to ask them to be cut. No one knows owner so the clerk will need to write.

HG reported that a drain was blocked outside 6 or 8 Cage Lane. This is Anglian Water’s responsibility so the clerk will contact them.

BJ – a resident has contacted BJ regarding the spate of burglaries in the area and whether the PC had discussed using Blueline Security. The PC had previously discussed this but decided that this would be too expensive to add to the Precept. BJ asked the clerk to contact he PSCO for the crime statistics. John Harrison is also retiring at the end of March 2020. The PC wished to convey their thanks to him for all of his hard work over many years. They are very grateful. The clerk will place an advert in Life.

 

 

Meeting closed at 21.30

 

Dates of meetings for 2020 – 23 January, 26 March, Parish Assembly 7 May, AGM 21 May, 2 July, 17 September, 19 November

 

 

 

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.